- Put your contact information at the top of your résumé
- List your educational information first, including degree, major, and institution attended
- Include your work experience in reverse chronological order, beginning with the most recent
- List leadership experience in volunteer organizations
Use action word to describe your job duties and accomplishments (e.g. achieved, produced, published, composed, etc.)
- Résumés should be both digital and printable
- Label each section clearly and leave white space
- Use white or off-white, 8-1/2- X 11-inch paper
- Use nondecorative typefaces with a font size of 10 to 14 points.
Career Search Tips
- Most jobs are heard about by word of mouth, so networking is key
- Internships are a great foot in the door
- Once you land an interview, go in prepared. Make sure you’ve done your homework about the organization, its clients, and its competitors. Be prepared with a few well-thought out questions.
- Don’t overlook the little things—thank you notes after interviews, and follow-up calls.